You have to admit it—in Southern California, we love our cars! Sports car, truck, classic car, SUV, mini van or roadster–your car is an extension of your unique personality and lifestyle. Yet, when you think about it, your auto is the most dangerous thing you own. In a nanosecond, a car accident can cause injury, long term disability, property damage—or, worse, death. Just by owning and driving a vehicle, you put yourself at risk for covering major medical expenses or prolonged lawsuits. It’s wise to be diligent when putting together your Auto Insurance policy.
The purpose of auto insurance is to provide financial protection for you and your family in the event of an accident by covering the cost of damage and injuries. However, there are many different types of auto insurance to choose from. At Prendiville Insurance Agency, we’ll assist you in deciding which coverage policy provides the best protection at a price that fits your budget.
We can design a specific policy that will cover you in many ways, including:
- Bodily Injury: This coverage pays for any person injured or killed in an accident where you are at fault. Coverage includes medical expenses and lost wages
- Property Damage: In a collision where you are at fault, Property Damage covers your liability for damaging another person’s personal property, such as an automobile, house or fence.
- Collision: This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle which results from a collision with another vehicle or object. Generally, the coverage reimburses you the amount needed to repair or replace your damaged vehicle, minus the deductible. This coverage is normally required if your vehicle is leased or if you have an outstanding loan on the vehicle.
- Comprehensive: This coverage protects your investment in your vehicle by paying for losses resulting from fire, theft, falling objects, riots, storms, earthquakes, floods, collision with a bird or animal and other natural occurrences. Like Collision coverage, Comprehensive coverage generally includes a deductible. Comprehensive coverage is normally required if your vehicle is leased or if you have an outstanding loan on the vehicle.
- Medical Payments: This coverage pays medical bills and funeral expenses for you or a passenger injured while riding in your vehicle. Coverage also extends to you or a family member when riding as a passenger in someone else’s vehicle or when struck by a vehicle when on foot. Costs are covered up to the amount specified by the policy.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist: Uninsured Motorist coverage protects you, members of your household and your passengers in an accident with a motorist who has no insurance or is underinsured. Uninsured Motorist protection also covers you if you’re injured by a hit-and-run driver. This coverage also applies to you and the members of your household as pedestrians. Coverage includes payment of medical costs, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you, members of your household and your passengers in an accident with a motorist who doesn’t have enough insurance coverage.
- Deductible: The deductible is the amount of the loss you agree to pay or absorb in the event of a claim or accident. Let’s say you have a $250 deductible: if you have a fender-bender, and the bodywork costs $1,250, you will pay the deductible, $250, and your insurance company will pay the balance, $1,000.
A policy with Prendiville Insurance Agency can also provide coverage for Emergency roadside assistance and towing service, windshield glass repair service, car rental reimbursement and more!
With the amount of cars on the roads today, Auto Insurance is a valuable tool in protecting you and your loved ones. Yet most people make the mistake of simply shopping this insurance on premium alone. Auto Insurance is too important to shop on price alone! Don’t jeopardize your family by doing this. Call one of the Personal Lines experts at Prendiville Insurance Agency and let us design a specific policy for your unique individual needs that will insure you accurately, properly, and easily! When you call Prendiville Insurance Agency, you are always greeted with a live, in-office licensed agent who will take care of your needs immediately.
Make sure you ask us about our Hybrid Auto Discounts, Multi-Policy discounts, Umbrella Policies and more!