In case your condominium is broken into, destroyed by a fire, or perhaps a friend gets injured at your place, Condominium Insurance provides financial protection for you and your family. It pays for the repair and replacement of lost items as well as any liability issues you may be responsible for.
Sometimes getting the proper insurance coverage for your condominium can seem like a daunting task. Most condominium owners belong to a Community Association which has a set of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CCRs) which states what the Association’s Master Insurance Policy covers, and what each individual unit owner needs to insure on his own.
Prendiville Insurance Agency has been correctly insuring condominium owners for well over 25 years. We can design a specific policy that will insure you accurately. Some of the many coverages we provide include:
- Dwelling Improvements, Alterations, and Additions: This will provide coverage for accidental damage to improvements you make in your unit for which your association’s policy does not provide coverage, and will also cover losses under your association’s deductible.
- Personal Property: This provides coverage for your household contents and personal belongings, such as your couch, coffee table, and clothes.
- Loss Assessment: This coverage can help pay for your share of property damage or injury awards for which your association’s policy does not provide coverage. Up to $50,000 is available. Beware: many condominium owners do not have proper coverage here!
- Personal Liability: In the event someone is injured on your property or you damage property that belongs to others, you could be held legally liable for the injury or damage. The condominium policy provides personal liability coverage to financially protect you should this ever occur.
- Earthquake Coverage: In most cases, Earthquake Coverage would not be provided by your Master Association’s Policy to cover your personal items lost in a quake. Our policy holders have access to the very competitive California Earthquake Authority, which most independent agents cannot provide.
As you can see, there are many different types of condominium insurance for you to choose from and at Prendiville Insurance Agency we pride ourselves in helping you decide what coverage combinations provide the best protection, at a price that fits your budget.
Condominium Insurance is an outstanding value and offers tremendous amounts of coverage for a reasonable premium, yet many people make the mistake of casually shopping this insurance on price alone. Condominium Insurance is particularly vulnerable to serious gaps in coverage if it’s not properly set up. Don’t let this happen to you.
Call one of the Personal Lines experts at Prendiville Insurance Agency and let us design a specific policy for your unique individual needs that will insure you accurately, properly, and easily! When you call Prendiville Insurance Agency, you are always greeted with a live, in-office licensed agent who will take care of your needs immediately.
Make sure you ask us about our Mortgage Protection plan, Umbrella Policies, Earthquake Coverage and Multi-Policy discounts.